I love Thanksgiving!
It brings families and loved ones together. It makes us all stop our hectic lives for at least one day and adjust our priorities back to what is really important. We spend time with the people that we love. And, if we can't be together physically, at least they are in our thoughts.
Thanksgiving is still pure - it hasn't been commercialized yet. No gifts, no cards, no candy or any of that junk - just good friends, and family, and lots and lots of food. Ok, there is Black Friday, so it is becoming more commercial. (but I was told "it's the day after, not Thanksgiving day. It's not Thanksgiving, it is the start of the Christmas season").
What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?
- My family of course; I am very lucky to be so loved
- My friends; great friends - a second family in many ways
- For my health, and the health of my family and friends; it was a rough couple of years for many loved ones
- That I live in this day and time; we have so much and so much changes so fast. Can you imagine not having computers, the internet, email, etc? I'm old, I remember what it was like. What is coming in the next year or 10 years?
- I have a roof over my head and food on the table, so many people don't know where their next meal is coming from
- That it seems the economy is recovering
- That I have a job; this year has been so tough for so many
- And that I have a job I enjoy, with good people and challenging, fun work
- For the US Military, especially everyone over in Iraq, Afghanistan, and all the other locations overseas - Thank you!
- And that I live in the United States of America - God Bless America!
What are you thankful for?
And now it's time for football and turkey. See, we should have Thanksgiving more than once a year. Thanksgiving is awesome!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Post a Comment